Hebergeur d'image
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupes Index du ForumConnexion

Bienvenue 
bonjour et  bienvenue  sur le forum au bonheur des dames

a heading into the race Sunday. When the checkered flag wai

Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum » salle de jeux » images droles Sujet précédent
Sujet suivant
a heading into the race Sunday. When the checkered flag wai
Auteur Message
lxt1217
Membres

Masculin
Point(s): 630
Moyenne de points: 1,00

Message a heading into the race Sunday. When the checkered flag wai Répondre en citant
KELOWNA, B.C. - Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir prepared for last season as if it was their last, and when Moir knelt down and kissed the Olympic rings on the ice in Sochi, it might as well have been a kiss goodbye.But Canadas world and Olympic ice dance champions say theyre not so sure now.To be 100 per cent honest, after Sochi we thought we were done for sure, Moir said. But we knew that was a motivational decision, training for 17 years straight, and we needed to make sure that we took the proper time.And unfortunately now — or fortunately now — were able to say we dont know if thats the case. Halfway through the summer we had a glimmer of hope that maybe we would like to come back. But we dont know if thats strong enough and we dont know what that means.Virtue and Moir, who teamed up when she was seven and he was nine, won gold at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics and then were edged by American rivals Meryl Davis and Charlie White last winter in Sochi, to finish second.The two were at Skate Canada International that wrapped up Sunday, working for TSNs broadcast crew, and watched as Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje led Canada in a 1-2 finish in ice dance. Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier won the silver.Its sort of a mix of emotions, Virtue said. In one sense, its fun to be a fan, and its exhilarating to be on the other side of things in a different capacity.But its also strange when you hear that opening music that were used to hearing before every competition and you get those butterflies. You see wonderful performances and you think: what would we have done this year? What programs would we have chosen? What choreography? What lifts?Moir said they always loved competing at Skate Canada.We were lucky to skate in front of 4,000, 5,000 people, Moir said. It is nice to sit in the stands and see the Canadians do so well, but we were lucky to love what we did every day, trained, competed, and we loved to compete.We do miss it.Three-time world champion Patrick Chan, who won silver in Sochi, is also taking the season off to contemplate his future.Mike Slipchuk, Skate Canadas high performance director, said he suggested both Chan and the ice dancers take their time before announcing any firm decisions.With both, its been a long six to eight years in the last two quad cycles. Sometimes its nice to get a break and kind of look at things from the outside, Slipchuk said. It gives them a chance to kind of see the competition and see whats out in the skating world, and just access what their next plan is.Sometimes you just need a break after that cycle. Often we dont realize how much of a toll that four years plays on the athletes.Virtue, from London, Ont., and Moir, from Ilderton, Ont., took the summer and most of the fall completely away from skating. Virtue is back at Western completing her psychology degree, while Moir is coaching.For 17 years, we knew what we were doing every minute of every day, Virtue said. Its unsettling to not know, but its also liberating.They do public speaking engagements. Virtue stays in shape in the gym, Moir plays hockey, and figure skates once in awhile.I get to a point where Im feeling super lazy, so Ill go (skating) one day and then take a week off. Its not really the training schedule for a champion, he said, laughing.Theyre cherishing the chance to live like normal people.Tessa and I laugh, like how great is it we can wake up on a Tuesday and go grocery shop and then go visit our parents, Moir said.Run errands in the middle of the week, Virtue adds.Its the oddest thing to have a normal life, Moir said. Thats the other side that makes me not want to come back to skating.They have a professional show coming up in December, so will hit the ice to train together again soon. They plan to choreograph one of their own programs for Stars on Ice, which is a first.We still are just 27 (Moir) and 25 (Virtue), Moir said. And we can still push ourselves and we can still be better, even if its at the professional level, so thats exciting.They both say if they do come back theyll approach training and competing completely different.Thats the enticing thing, because we know what we would do, Virtue said. And even just the approach to training, we would have a better formula for what works for our bodies. Its much more intellectual, the approach to training, and maybe thats because were older and dealt with injuries, but its also more science-based.Whether or not a comeback is in their future, they feel fortunate they went into last season as if it was their last.We were lucky because not every athlete has the opportunity to do that, Virtue said. But we were healthy and fully prepared and we really couldnt have skated better in Sochi, and thats the best, most satisfying feeling.So if that was it, were thrilled with that. Morgan Burnett Jersey . However, it wasnt a problem on Monday night. Evgeni Nabokov made 23 saves for his 56th career shutout in the New York Islanders 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. Pittsburgh Steelers Jerseys . -- Nick Bjugstad snapped out of his scoring slump and spoiled Drew MacIntyres first NHL start. http://www.steelersfootballauthentic.com/Customized/. - Gary Kubiak is John Elways No. Terrell Edmunds Jersey . - Even with a new coach, the Denver Nuggets still love to push the basketball. Chukwuma Okorafor Jersey . Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema scored two goals each Wednesday night in a 6-1 rout of Schalke in the first leg of their second-round matchup. "We played a very, very good match," Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said. "We got well into the match, scored two early goals and that opened the game and left us able to counter and to use the speed of our players. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Preparations for the IndyCar Series opener began with a silly spat between the two top organizations over a perceived slight made by the president of Team Penske. The dig -- Tim Cindric compared Penske to the New York Yankees and Target/Chip Ganassi Racing to the Miami Marlins -- irritated the Ganassi camp and created some drama heading into the race Sunday. When the checkered flag waived, it was Penske driver Will Power in the winners circle. With teammate Helio Castroneves finishing third, Team Penske drivers claimed two spots on the podium and fired the opening salvo in the rivalry. "Ive only heard a little bit of that story, so I havent paid much attention," Power said. "Are the Marlins good? Do they win?" Ganassi drivers Scott Dixon, the defending series champion, finished fourth and Tony Kanaan was sixth in his debut for the team. So with Verizon-sponsored driver Power on top of the podium in the first race with Verizon on board as the series sponsor, and Castroneves on the podium with him, round one easily went to Team Penske. "We dont want to give an inch this year," said Castroneves, who lost the championship to Dixon last season. "We dont want to give any opportunity. We want to give the championship to Roger no matter what it takes." Ganassi has won five of the last six championships, and Penske last won in 2006. It was fitting that the win went to Power, who picked up right where he left off last season. He won three of the final five IndyCar races last season -- including the last two -- and his Sunday win at St. Pete gives the Australian four out of the last six victories. Power passed pole-sitter Takuma Sato for the lead with an outside move headed into the second turn on Lap 31, and was never really challenged again. He had to beat Castroneves off pit lane during stops under caution, and the only hiccup was on the first restart of the race. He was the leader andd was slow to restart the field with 28 laps remaining.ddddddddddddIt caused traffic to stack-up behind him and led to a crash involving rookie Jack Hawksworth and Marco Andretti. Andretti got out of his car with a limp and was favouring his wrist following the accident. "Its hard to see because I was pretty far back, but Will just stopped. Once you go, you gotta go," he said. "It looked like an accordion effect. I had a good restart going, but we were junk all day, so what are you going to do?" Hawksworth blamed the accident on the leaders stopping at the front of the field. "We went when they said green, and all of a sudden the leaders stopped. I dont know what was going on at the front," the rookie said. Power said he never braked and was confused because the field went green earlier than it should. "They actually threw the green before I was even in the (restart) zone, so it was confusing to me," Power said. Castroneves didnt buy Powers version and said he was fooled by his teammate. "Will and I know each other for a long time. He knows my tricks," Castroneves said. "I didnt quite know that trick from him, and he got me." IndyCar said the restart in question was acceptable, but race control did review Powers second restart and issued him a warning for going too early. He was not penalized, but IndyCar said he will be if he does it again. Juan Pablo Montoya finished 15th in his return to IndyCar for the first time since he left for Formula One following his Indianapolis 500 win in 2000. He spent almost five seasons in F1 and seven in NASCAR before returning to open-wheel with Roger Penske. "I think it went pretty good," he said. "We will learn and pass some people and some people passed us. There are a few things we have to do better, but I didnt feel my pace was too bad there at the end. Its going to be a lot of work but I am very excited." Wholesale Falcons Jerseys Wholesale Buccaneers Jerseys Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys Wholesale Bills Jerseys Wholesale Jets Jerseys Wholesale Panthers Jerseys Wholesale Ravens Jerseys Wholesale Texans Jerseys Wholesale Patriots Jerseys Wholesale Steelers Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys Wholesale Packers Jerseys Wholesale Browns Jerseys Wholesale Chiefs Jerseys Wholesale Colts Jerseys Wholesale Rams Jerseys ' ' '

Ven 14 Sep - 08:10 (2018)
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Ven 14 Sep - 08:10 (2018)
Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum » salle de jeux » images droles Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation