and hope to halt a six-game slid
Auteur Message
lw789
Membres

Féminin Verseau (20jan-19fev) 猴 Singe
Point(s): 15
Moyenne de points: 1,00

Message and hope to halt a six-game slid Répondre en citant
TORONTO -- Mark Casse finally has his first Queens Plate victory. Filly Lexie Lou captured the $1-million race Sunday at Woodbine Racetrack, giving the six-time Sovereign Award winner as Canadas top trainer his first Plate win. The 53-year-old American came close in 2011, finishing second to Inglorious with Hippolytus, but admitted becoming emotional after Lexie Lou crossed the finish line 1 1/2-lengths ahead of runner-up Amis Holiday, a 9-1 longshot. "My son, Colby, just started crying afterwards and to see it mean that much to him got me crying," said Casse, a 34-year racing veteran. "There was a lot of crying . . . I think I wouldve been OK had Colby not started crying. "When all youve done your entire life is been around race horses . . . I really dont know anything else. Ive been following the Queens Plate since I was a little boy and so to finally win it, I just pinch myself. I thought wed win it sooner or later. I knew I wasnt going to give up." The daughter of Sligo Bay-Oneexcessivenite served notice in the Woodbine Oaks on June 15 that she was indeed a Plate contender. Lexie Lou earned a comfortable 4 1/2-length win and covered the 1 1/8-mile distance in 1:49.77, a full second faster than We Miss Arties winning time in the Plate Trial a race earlier. Breaking from the No. 14 post in the 15-horse field, Lexie Lou sat comfortably in ninth at the halfway point before steadily working up the field. She sat second behind Asserting Bear after a mile before surging into the lead, then holding off Amis Holiday to finish the 1 1/4-mile race on Woodbines polytrack in 2:03.94. "I think a lot of times theres too much preparation, too much training and we did very little with her," Casse said. "After the Oaks we sent her out to our farm, which is about an hour north of here, and let her eat grass. "When I saw her in the paddock today walking around with not a care in the world, I said to my wife, Shes going to be really really tough, because the first time we ran her she was kind of nervous. But not today." Asserting Bear finished third ahead of We Miss Artie, the 9/5 favourite who rallied to take fourth after a terrible start. The remainder of the field included: Niigon Express; Lions Bay; Matador; Heart to Heart; Coltimus Prime; Athenian Guard; Cap in Hand; One Destiny; Man o Bear; Tower of Texas; and Majestic Sunset. Lexie Lou paid $8.20, $4.50 and $3.30 while Amis Holiday returned $9.70 and $5.80. Asserting Bear paid $6. Jockey Patrick Husbands earned his second career Plate win but first since 03 when he guided Wando to a Triple Crown, the last horse to register that achievement. But the victory was almost anti-climatic for the veteran rider. "I breezed this filly Saturday and when I pulled her up I started crying because I couldnt believe I had another Queens Plate winner," Husbands said. "On the way back to the barn I told the assistant, Could you tell Mark I dont think they will beat this filly. "I went back to my car, I called Barbados and told everybody Im coming home to celebrate. Im on the flight (Sunday night) to Barbados to celebrate (Monday)." Javier Castellano, We Miss Arties jockey, said the poor start cost his horse the race. "I think with the big field my horse got a little nervous in the gate, he completely sat down behind the gate," Castellano said. "Thats why he broke straight in the air . . . it took a lot out of him. "He was too far behind. I lost a lot of ground going around horses." Jockey Luis Contreras had no such complaints about his trip or Amis Holiday starting from the No. 15 post. "We didnt need to be on the lead and I could see all the horses from the outside position," he said. "My horse gave a tremendous kick and we almost got there." Chantal Sutherland-Kruse, the jockey aboard Asserting Bear, said Lexie Lou was a deserving winner. "We did our best but Lexie Lou was just powerful," she said. The victory was the fifth in 12 career starts for Lexie Lou, with the $600,000 winners share boosting her all-time earnings past $1.2 million. Last year, Lexie Lou ran for owner-trainer John Ross, earning more than $300,000. But after her first start this year, Ross sold the filly to Gary Barber, the chairman and CEO of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM). "I dont buy horses thinking Im going to win the Oaks," Casse said. "I buy them just thinking and hoping Im making a good buy and can make it work and sometimes funny things happen. "John Ross did a wonderful job with her, she came to us in great shape and we couldnt have done it without him. We were just in the right place at the right time and got lucky." Casse was non-commital about Lexie Lou running July 29 in the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes, the second jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown at Fort Erie Racetrack. "A third race in a short time and, of course, a surface shes never been over," Casse said. "Well see, we could go there. "Gary is from California and they have synthetic there and it wouldnt shock me if she ends up in California." Aleix Garcia Jersey . The Oilers will try to get back in the win column on Monday when they continue a four-game road trip with a battle against the Buffalo Sabres. Edmonton won its third straight game last Wednesday against visiting San Jose, beating the Sharks 3-0 as Scrivens stopped 59 shots to set an NHL record for saves in a regular-season shutout. Benjamin Mendy Jersey . In mens doubles, Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock reached the quarter-finals with a 7-6 (3), 7-6 (3), 6-4 win over Croatian Mate Pavic and Andre Sa of Brazil. http://www.authenticmanchestercityshop.com/Authentic-Wilfried-Bony-Manchest…. Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Yaya Toure Jersey . A police inspector told The Associated Press the crane operator is not yet suspected of any wrongdoing but is considered a key witness to the accident at the Arena Corinthians. Bernardo Silva Jersey . The government says top golfers are expected to compete in the PGA Tour event at the Ashburn Golf Club in the suburb of Fall River from July 3-6 and again next year.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Philadelphia Flyers are hoping to end a scoring drought and return to the win column when they visit the struggling Buffalo Sabres for Saturdays battle at First Niagara Center. The Flyers tied a season high for goals in Mondays surprising 7-3 rout of the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning, but Philadelphia was shut out in its next two outings. Craig Berubes club dropped a 1-0 road decision in Washington on Wednesday before returning home to lose 4-0 to Vancouver on the following night. Philadelphia enters Saturday with a scoring drought of 144 minutes, 59 seconds after the consecutive shutout defeats. The Flyers were blanked in two straight games last April against St. Louis and Columbus, but this marks the first time the club was shut out in back-to-back games in regulation since Nov. 28-Dec. 3, 2009 (1-0 at ATL and 3-0 vs. VAN). Ryan Miller stopped all 30 shots sent his way on Thursday, while Vancouver rode an early burst of offense to the easy win in the City of Brotherly Love. Starter Ray Emery was pulled early in the second period after giving up three goals on 12 shots. Rob Zepp finished the contest by allowing one goal on 10 shots. Zepp was beaten on a breakaway just 22 seconds after entering the game before stopping nine straight shots. Berube felt his team quit after allowing Vancouver to grab the lead on Nick Boninos goal just 6:35 into the game. You know the thing that bothers me about it all is that it is only 1-0. There is a lot of hockey left, you know play and compete and work, Berube said. That is the one thing that you can control, how hard you compete and you know we stopped doing that. The Flyers played without Scottt Laughton on Friday, as the rookie centerman sat out with an upper-body injury.dddddddddddd. Laughton is questionable for tonight. Philadelphia, which is 13 points out of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, only has three wins in its last 11 trips to the ice, going 3-7-1 during that stretch. The Flyers are just 6-14-4 on the road this season and hope to halt a six-game slide as the guest. Philadelphia hasnt earned a road victory since Dec. 23 in Minnesota, but the Orange and Black have claimed eight wins over their last 12 trips to Buffalo. Philly also has taken three in a row and eight of the last 10 games in this series and tonight the Flyers face a Sabres team on a nine-game losing streak. Buffalo has failed to pick up a single point in three weeks, going 0-9-0 since earning a shootout win over the visiting New York Islanders on Dec. 27. The Sabres, who are last in the East standings, are just 1-12-1 over their last 14 games. On Thursday, the Sabres faced a Minnesota team which had lost six in a row but the Wild were able to get off the schneid with a resounding 7-0 win in Buffalo. The Sabres sent just 18 shots at Wild goaltender Devan Dubnyk, who notched a shutout in his Minnesota debut after coming over from Arizona in a trade on Wednesday. Jhonas Enroth was responsible for all seven goals on 37 shots for Buffalo. Theres no excuse for it, said Sabres defenseman Josh Gorges. Theres no way that this should happen. It was the fourth straight home loss for Buffalo, which fell to 10-12-2 this season in Western New York. The Sabres complete a three-game homestand tonight before beginning a five-game road trip tomorrow in Detroit. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 

Mar 7 Nov - 03:39 (2017) AIM
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Mar 7 Nov - 03:39 (2017)
Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum » salle de jeux » videos Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation