fortunate enough to watch these
Auteur Message
lxt1217
Membres

Masculin
Point(s): 210
Moyenne de points: 1,00

Message fortunate enough to watch these Répondre en citant
Blacksburg, VA (SportsNetwork.com) - It wasnt pretty, but the second-ranked Virginia Cavaliers escaped Blacksburg with a 50-47 victory over the Virginia Tech Hokies on Sunday. Justin Anderson scored 12 points and Virginia overcame a 10-point deficit in the second half to remain one of just two unbeatens left in the country along with top-ranked Kentucky. The Cavaliers (19-0, 7-0 ACC), who shot just 34.7 percent from the field, are off to their best start since the 1980-81 team led by legendary center Ralph Sampson started 23-0. Ahmed Hill scored with 1:06 remaining to get the Hokies within 50-47, but missed a free throw that resulted from the play. Malcolm Brogdons shot rimmed out at the other end. Following a timeout, Will Johnston passed up on an open 3- pointer before passing to Malik Muller. Anderson blocked Mullers shot and Darion Atkins came down with the ball for Virginia. Atkins missed the front end of a one-on-one with 12.8 seconds left, but Adam Smiths long 3-pointer rimmed out as time expired. Atkins had nine points for Virginia, which got eight points apiece from Anthony Gill and Brogdon. Smith ended with 15 points for the Hokies (8-11, 0-6), who have lost seven in a row. Final Score: (5) Duke 77, St. Johns 68 New York, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Mike Krzyzewski can now be known as Coach 1K. Dukes Hall of Fame leader became the first Division I mens head coach to record 1,000 career wins after the fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied for a thrilling 77-68 victory over St. Johns in front of a capacity crowd at Madison Square Garden. The milestone result, which occurred on the same MSG court in which Krzyzewski ecplised mentor Bob Knight for the all-time Division I wins record back in 2011, was reached after Tyus Jones, Jahlil Okafor and Quinn Cook led the Blue Devils (17-2) on a 23-5 run that turned a 10-point deficit deep into the second half into a 74-66 lead with a minute to play. Jones netted nine of his game-high 22 points during the game-changing sequence, with 11 of Cooks 17 points came after halftime. Okafor also finished with 17 points while pulling down 10 rebounds and going 7-of-10 from the floor. St. Johns (13-6) nearly spoiled the celebration behind big efforts from SirDominic Pointer and Rysheed Jordan, but was held without a field goal for a six-minute stretch as Duke came charging back. Pointer ended with 21 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks. Jordan tallied 18 points, though just two came in the second half. Final Score: (10) Louisville 80, Pittsburgh 68 Pittsburgh, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Terry Rozier matched a career high with 26 points and 10th-ranked Louisville got its offense back on track in an 80-68 win over Pittsburgh at Petersen Events Center. After shooting just 29.5 percent that included a dreadful 4-of-25 rate from 3-point range in their last game, a 63-52 home loss to Duke eight days ago, the Cardinals hit on 65.2 percent of their field goal attempts in a strong bounce-back effort. Montrezl Harrell, playing for the first time since being stripped of his captains role by head coach Rick Pitino in a well-publicized move during the week, went 8- of-12 from the floor in an 18-point effort for Louisville (16-3, 4-2 ACC). Chris Jones buried 3-of-4 tries from beyond the arc en route to 17 points. Jamel Artis posted 18 points and eight rebounds for Pittsburgh (13-7, 3-4), with James Robinson recording 16 points and six assists in the loss and Michael Young finishing with 14 points and nine boards. Final Score: (14) Wichita State 74, Drake 40 Wichita, KS (SportsNetwork.com) - Ron Baker had 15 points, Tekele Cotton added 10 and No. 14 Wichita State routed Drake 74-40 on Sunday afternoon. The Shockers have won 26 consecutive games in Missouri Valley Conference play, the leagues longest streak since Kansas 34-game run from 1922-24. Fred VanVleet posted eight points, six assists and four steals for Wichita State (18-2, 8-0 MVC), which has won eight straight since losing to George Washington in Hawaii on Christmas. Final Score: (20) Northern Iowa 54, Illinois State 53 Normal, IL (SportsNetwork.com) - Nate Buss 3-pointer with 5.2 seconds to play gave No. 20 Northern Iowa a 54-53 victory over Illinois State. The Panthers were trailing by a point when Daishon Knight missed a free throw with 14.5 seconds left and Seth Tuttle grabbed the rebound. Wes Washpun then sent the ball to Buss, who had an open look from the right corner and drained it. Knight charged down the court and put up a tough layup at the buzzer, but it hit off the bottom of the rim as Northern Iowa escaped with the victory. Tuttle had 21 points and 10 rebounds, while Buss finished the game with eight points for the Panthers (18-2, 7-1 MVC), who have won their past seven games. Bobby Hunter had 13 points and five rebounds off the bench while Reggie Lynch and Paris Lee each scored 12 for the Redbirds (12-8, 4-4), who had a two-game winning streak snapped. Final Score: Ohio State 82, (23) Indiana 70 Columbus, OH (SportsNetwork.com) - DAngelo Russell had 22 points and 10 assists as Ohio State pulled off an 82-70 win over No. 23 Indiana on Sunday. JaeSean Tate had 20 points and six rebounds in his second career start, while Marc Loving added 12 points for the Buckeyes (16-5, 5-3 Big Ten), who have won their last two. Yogi Ferrell scored 26 points and Collin Hartman gave 12 on 4- for-5 from behind the arc for the Hoosiers (15-5, 5-2), who had won four straight coming in. Final Score: Butler 77, (24) Seton Hall 57 Indianapolis, IN (SportsNetwork.com) - Andrew Chrabascz scored 16 points to lead Butler in a 77-57 victory over No. 24 Seton Hall on Sunday. Kellen Dunham had 15 points, Roosevelt Jones added 12 points and eight rebounds and Alex Barlow had 11 points, six rebounds and five assists for the Bulldogs (15-6, 5-3 Big East), who have won their past two games. Brandon Mobley scored 15 points and Desi Rodriguez contributed 12 for the Pirates (13-6, 3-4), who have lost three straight. Seton Hall fell to 4-4 without star freshman Isaiah Whitehead, who has been out since late December with a stress fracture in his foot. Ben Wallace Jersey .1 million contract. The club said that Boll will earn $950,000 in 2012-13 and $1.15 million in 2013-14. The 26-year-old Boll had two goals and one assist with 126 penalty minutes in 54 games with the Blue Jackets in 2011-12. Ish Smith Jersey . I wondered how NHL coaches would feel about a playoff schedule that allowed them to open a best-of-seven series on the road, which many claim to favour, yet still gave them the precious home-ice edge for a seventh game. http://www.basketballpistonsauthority.com/langston-galloway-pistons-jersey-…. -- The guys in green raced off the court and into the locker room where they danced and sang, compared whose shot was most likely to end up featured on "One Shining Moment," and checked Twitter to see who was giving them a shoutout. Chauncey Billups Jersey .That means, of course, that John Wall beat the Spurs for the first time ever — within weeks of his first wins in head-to-head games against nemeses Chris Paul and Derrick Rose. Dennis Rodman Jersey . The 6-foot-10 centre who won an NBA title with the Miami Heat was voted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Monday, adding that honour to becoming a board member at his alma mater.Back in the autumn of 1985, a seven-year-old child stood by a bridge waiting. There were no large crowds around him and, for early October, the south of England was beautifully warmer than anyone expected. This was a much simpler time. A time when sports stars had to make their way through some of the public areas to get to speak to the awaiting media, but they were able to do so without being mobbed. Each year, the winner of the pole position for the Grand Prix, on the Saturday, was required to make the journey behind the public grandstands on the front straight. In a few years, more and more professional autograph hunters would put a stop to such a simple passage and not much long after the entire complex was seen as being way below par to host a Grand Prix. But on this day, October 5, 1985, Brands Hatch circuit was the centre of the Formula One universe. The next day Alain Prost would become World Champion for the first time but today was all about that gorgeous black Lotus-Renault that popped and demanded your attention thanks to the yellow helmet belonging to a star in the making, 25-year-old driver, Ayrton Senna. Already it was plain to see that the young Brazilian was remarkable on a fast qualifying lap and an hour or so earlier he had taken his sixth pole position of the season. The boy waited to see if he could get a glimpse. And then he appeared, in his civvies, and just like that he was gone. In between he had taken a second to write his autograph in the book held tightly by the young fan. The next day the boy and his father stood on the final turn of Brands Hatch and watched with their very eyes as Senna, leading the race, collided with the Williams car of Keke Rosberg while battling for the lead. The crash, which for an added bonus knocked the easily unlikeable Nelson Piquet out of the race, forced Rosberg into the pits. When he returned he did so right in front of Senna and the charging Englishman Nigel Mansell. It was the kind of plot a moviemaker would think up, yet this was really developing in front of the eyes of stunned seven-year-old. An incensed Rosberg held Senna up, Mansell saw his moment and overtook the Brazilian. The crowd erupted immediately, like a football stadium reacting to a late goal. Mansell would go on to win his first-ever Grand Prix, joined by Senna and Rosberg on the podium. The boy was hooked. These days it will take you less than five seconds on Google to find an article preaching to its readers to not make a sports star your hero. One of the biggest issues surrounding this notion is that it is being told to you by an adult who has grown to know no one is perfect and feels the need to protect people from being let down. Children dont have much of a voice when it comes to adults but they certainly can teach us a thing or two about the innocent beauty of admiring a sports star for what he/she does in their chosen field, regardless of what they are like otherwise. That day, back in 1985, the seven-year-old boy who cried when the race was over, and spent the five-hour car ride home with his mind full of race cars driven by gladiatorial figures, didnt have a platform to write about what those drivers meant to him. Today, he does. I still have that autograph, now proudly placed in a frame beneath a painting of Sennas first win in Portugal, achieved in that gorgeous black Lotus. When I glance at it, I am reminded of that weekend in 1985. As we made the journey north towards home I didnt do it as an Ayrton Senna fan, after all, an Englishman had captured the hearts of thousands, completing a rags-to-riches story by winning his first ever Grand Prix. I was a Nigel Mansell fan. However, the beauty of youth and the sport, meant I could be much more than just that. This was not like football where you were taught to love one and despise all others. Grand Prix racers, with the exception of Mansells nemesis in Piquet, were to be admired and as the years went on, even during epic Senna-Mansell rivalry seasons, I feasted on the epic greatness from both. Id witness Mansell winning the British Grand Prix in 1986 and 1987 and in 1991 I was on the track when he drove by with Senna, hanging on his car as a passenger after retiring late in the race.dddddddddddd By then I was old enough to know Senna was better than Mansell and that was what made his victories even sweeter; knowing he had beaten the ultimate standard set by the greatest racing driver I had ever seen. Id watched from my couch, in the middle of the night, Sennas titanic tussles with Prost in Japan when the pair clashed for the 1989 and 1990 World Championships. The drama was incredible and the plots main character, Senna, was an enormous figure in my life. I never missed a race and the sport back then gave me memories to last a lifetime. The way my dad talked about Muhammad Ali-Joe Frazier to me is how I can talk about Senna-Prost to my children. Id eventually hear the Brazilian anthem played for Senna at a Grand Prix in Belgium in 1991, the day Michael Schumacher made his first career start, but nothing came close to what I saw in 1993. This time the weather was far from nice. It was absolutely awful, in fact. We were no longer in the south either. My familys love for the sport had taken us to Donington Park, in Derbyshire, in early April. Remarkably, the crowd was very low, with the nation suffering an F1 hangover from Mansell packing his bags for Indycar. Those lucky enough to get absolutely drenched that day witnessed true greatness. Senna would win 41 Grand Prix races but his best happened that day as his McLaren danced in unison with the rain at the European Grand Prix. It is hard to put into words what he did, just watch his opening lap on Youtube and see for yourself. The rain master obliterated the field that day giving the fans and his rivals a lesson in perfection, every single lap. It was what all sports fans crave. Its one thing to witness a group of sports stars doing something we could never dream of, but it is quite something else to see someone take that standard to another level. To this day when I think of Senna I think of Donington Park for two reasons. I was there the day he won that race and I was there on May 1, 1994 when we lost him for good. That day he was in Italy for the San Marino Grand Prix, where ten years earlier I had been to see a race, the only one in Sennas career he failed to qualify for. A decade on he had different troubles. Troubles with his new Williams car and troubles with the sports safety after witnessing brutal, violent accidents on the Friday and Saturday of that race weekend. Young Rubens Barrichello survived his on Friday, Roland Ratzenberger wasnt so fortunate on Saturday afternoon, becoming the first F1 driver to be killed at a Grand Prix in 12 years. Id heard of his death on Saturday night on the new BBC Radio Five Live station and remember to this day how they teased it with Formula One loses its first driver since 1982, coming up well tell you who. I sat alone terrified, waiting for the answer. I was sixteen now but had been fortunate enough to watch these incredible men drive these amazing machines without ever getting the news that all motorsport fans fear. They were immortals, to me, true heroes inside their helmets guiding rocketships on wheels and leaving you with the most wonderful sound as they blasted by. I was part of the lucky generation. My dad, who had gotten me into the sport, had watched many of his favourites perish in years gone by but, for kids like me, we never faced such heartache. Until that weekend in 1994. That night I did what many teenagers in England did on Sundays - I listened to the Top 40 charts. Each song that came on provided background music to the career of Ayrton Senna da Silva that played out on my mind. I was overwhelmed by many different feelings, sadness being one of the main ones, of course, but, to this day, I remember the strongest emotion of all was pure disbelief. I kept wondering in mind, over and over, what it was going to be like to go to a Grand Prix without him being there. Twenty years on, the answer I got that night remains the same. The truth was it was never, ever the same. I had watched true greatness at a time when I was allowed heroes. After that, nothing could come close. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Ven 10 Aoû - 07:16 (2018)
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Ven 10 Aoû - 07:16 (2018)
Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum » Membre » présentation Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation