Sujet suivant
e No. 1 seed has claimed the Delray Beach title only once in
Auteur Message
lxt1217
Membres

Masculin
Point(s): 630
Moyenne de points: 1,00

Message e No. 1 seed has claimed the Delray Beach title only once in Répondre en citant
HOYLAKE, England -- Even after his worst 72-hole finish in a major, Tiger Woods says he would pick himself for the Ryder Cup team. His first major of the year, and second tournament since March 31 back surgery, wasnt much of an audition for U.S. captain Tom Watson. Woods was never the same after opening the British Open with a 69. The mistakes kept piling up, and so did the big numbers, and he closed with a 3-over 75 on Sunday at Royal Liverpool. "I just made too many mistakes," Woods said. He finished at 6-over 294, matching his highest score in the British Open. Only three players had a worse score, including U.S. Open champion Martin Kaymer, and Woods finished in 69th place. His previous worst was a tie for 40th in the PGA Championship last year and the 2012 Masters. Worse yet, he didnt even beat the 64-year-old captain. Watson birdied his last hole for a 68, "Its just one day. Its a snapshot," Watson said. "Its not a big deal." Still, the concern was clear. Watson was speaking to the media as Woods was still on the course when he asked if Woods was shooting under par. Told that he was 4 over at the time, Watson said, "Thats not very good." Woods still has two tournaments left before the end of Ryder Cup qualifying at the PGA Championship. He is No. 72 in the standings, and aside from winning the final major of the year, his best bet is to be one of Watsons three picks. Asked if he would be inclined to pick him if were in Watsons position, Woods said with a smile, "I would say yes." "But thats my position, my take on it," Woods said. "Hes the captain. Obviously, its his decision. Hes going to field the best 12 players that he thinks will win the cup back. And I hope Im on that team." Woods is unlikely to make the FedEx Cup playoffs unless he picked up top-3 finishes at Firestone and the PGA Championship, and that means Watson would have to judge him on those tournaments unless Woods were to play elsewhere. Europe isnt appealing, with events in Denmark, the Czech Republic and Italy. "It would make it tougher for me to pick him if hes not playing," Watson said. Watson is more inclined to see more from Woods before a rush to judgment. Woods has played only six rounds since back surgery to alleviate a pinched nerve that forced him to miss three months, including two majors. The scorecard showed two triple bogeys and three double bogeys. He said his return at Congressional three weeks ago, where he missed the cut by four shots, was at least a chance to make sure he was pain free and shake off some rust. The rust was still there "I was certainly expecting it, yes, but I just thought that I know how to play links golf," Woods said. "I know how to grind it on these golf courses, and hitting the shots I thought I could get around here. I did the first day. After a bad start I got it back. And unfortunately, as I said, I made too many mistakes with the doubles and triples." He said he remained encouraged -- the same word he used when missing the cut at Congressional -- and even said he could see comparisons to these last two tournaments with a rehab assignment for a baseball player. "Theres a lot of things I need to work on, but I havent been able to work a lot," Woods said. "I was down for three months. So Im just now starting to come back. ... Im still building. Im still working on my game. And Im getting stronger and faster." Woods has missed only one Ryder Cup since his first one in 1997. That was in 2008, when he missed the second half of the season with reconstructive knee surgery. He was a captains pick in 2010 by Corey Pavin, following a year of personal turmoil that led to divorce and the hiring of a new swing coach. Woods went 3-1 in Wales, his best performance in a Ryder Cup. He was confused talking about that year, saying he was coming off an injury and missed most of the summer. That actually was the following year, when Fred Couples picked him for the Presidents Cup team. Either way, Woods felt he could contribute to the team and "thats all you want as a pick." Derrick Nnadi Chiefs Jersey . Goins is the early favourite to win the starting job at second base. Pillar is an outsider to secure a role off the bench, which becomes an even more difficult spot to win if the number of back up jobs is reduced by one. That happens if the Blue Jays decide to start the season with an eight man bullpen. Armani Watts Chiefs Jersey . Got Jacks? Pulling off a comeback for the ages, feisty Stephen F. Austin became the latest No. 12 seed to pull off an upset, tying the game on Desmond Haymons did-that-just-happen four-point play with 3. http://www.prochiefsauthentic.com/Youth-Armani-Watts-Elite-Jersey/. To get things started, heres a little photo tour to get you acquainted with all the main characters. Custom Chiefs Jerseys . After two months of mediocrity, perhaps the Washington Nationals have turned the page. Strasburg struck out 11 in seven innings Wednesday night and the Nationals kept the Philadelphia Phillies bats quiet yet again in an 8-4, rain-interrupted win. Chad Henne Chiefs Jersey . - PGA Tour rookie Tony Finau shot a 9-under 63 at Del Monte and had a two-stroke lead over Billy Andrade and Lee Janzen of the Champions Tour after Thursdays opening round of the Callaway Pebble Beach Invitational.DELRAY BEACH, Fla. -- Former collegiate standout Steve Johnson upset No. 1 seed Tommy Haas 6-4, 2-6, 7-6 (2) in the first round of the Delray Beach Open on Wednesday night. It marked the earliest exit of a top seed in this tournament since Haas lost in the first round to Teymuraz Gabashvili in 2010. The No. 1 seed has claimed the Delray Beach title only once in the tournaments 22-year history. Johnson, ranked No. 142 in the world, needed to win two qualifying matches to gain entry into the main draw of the 32-player field. "Ive had a few wins Ill never forget, and this is one of them," said Johnson, a two-time NCAA champion at USC. Johnson, who turned pro in 2012, will next face No. 6 seed Feliciano Lopez of Spain. Johnson had 13 aces in his win against the 35-year-old Haas, who is ranked No. 12 in the world. "I hate to lose, but Im happy for him," Haas said. Lopez needed three sets to move to the next round earlier Wednesday. He rallied to defeat Adrian Mannarino 4-6, 6-4, 6-2. Kevin Anderson and Marin Cilic also advvanced on Wednesday.dddddddddddd Anderson, the No. 4 seed, reached the quarterfinals when Ivo Karlovic retired because of a stomach ailment after Anderson won the first game. Karlovic was a finalist in Memphis last week. Cilic, the No. 7 seed, made easy work of Benjamin Becker, taking only 55 minutes to win 6-1, 6-3 in a first-round match. Cilic has won 14 of his 18 matches this season. The most surprising result of the afternoon occurred in a first-round doubles match when Sekou Bangoura and Vahid Mirzadeh of the United States upset No. 2 seed Eric Butorac and Raven Klaasen 7-5, 3-6, 10-5 after learning on Tuesday they would be in the tournament as an alternate. "The other day I was giving lessons, and now Im here," said the 27-year-old Mirzadeh, who lives a short distance away in Wellington, Fla. "A win like this lifts your spirits and shows that maybe I can compete at this level." Bob and Mike Bryan, the No. 1 doubles team, breezed to a 6-1, 6-3 first-round win against Mannarino and Michael Russell. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Ven 10 Aoû - 07:53 (2018)
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Ven 10 Aoû - 07:53 (2018)
Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum » Membre » présentation Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation